New Galveston merchants Fit 2 Run are putting on a "MAKE ROOM FOR THE TURKEY!" 5K run/walk/stroll/roll on Friday, November 20, 2009.
This is a fun, social event (just like the Harvest Moon & Margarita run), and your participation will help assist our local Gleanings From the Harvest in providing Thanksgiving meals to Grandparents Raising Grandchildren in Galveston County!
MAKE ROOM FOR THE TURKEY! will start and end at Mario's on the Seawall.
* begin running/walking around 6:30pm, please show up earlier
* entry is $15 for anyone ages 13 & over (this is whether you participate or attend for support and cheering). under age 13 are free.
* entry includes t-shirt, food, eligibility for door prizes and fun activities for children.
* cash bar available
* they ask that each person who attends (regardless of age) donate a non-perishable food item for this event. PLEASE bring this food item with you on Friday, November 20th, to Marios.
* they will provide a reflective band for you to borrow during the event, but invite you to wear your reflective gear and/or bring a flashlight or glow sticks. Remember, it gets dark early. (Fit 2 Run also has some fun and functional reflective items - they really make a difference!) TO REGISTER -
please print the 2nd page of the form (download the form
), fill it out and turn it in one of the following ways:
* bring your form FIT TO RUN along with your check (payable to FIT to RUN) - they prefer you bring it in....we like to see your smiling faces!
* mail your registration form & check: FIT TO RUN 528 23rd St, Galveston, 77550
* fax the form to: 281-605-1995 and bring your check with you to the event
Feel free to call 409-539-5150 with any questions. They are looking for volunteers to help spread the word around town as well.
Learn more at: www.Fit2RunGalveston.com